Which Files Are Open By A Given Process? (lsof, Cont.)
Originally written by
- Note that the lsof command is usually located
in the "/usr/sbin" Directory - which is not found in the User's PATH, so
we needed to invoke it as /usr/sbin/fuser.
- Types of Files held open by processes:
- cwd - Current Working Directory.
- rtd - Root Directory.
- txt - Binary File (the program that this
- mem - Memory-Mapped Files - often libraries
used by the program.
- 0 - The File/terminal from which the process
reads "user" input.
- 1 - The File/terminal into which the process
writes "user" output.
- 2 - The File/terminal into which the process
writes error messages.
- <number> - A regular File.