Viewing The Captured Packets
Originally written by
- Ethereal shows us a table of (numbered) IP packets.
- We can click on a line in the table, and see the Packet's contents in
the middle of the window.
- The packet is displayed in layers, matching the protocols it contains.
- At the top we see the hardware layer, then the raw packet data (in hex),
the IP protocol layer, the TCP protocol layer, The application protocol
- Click on any layer to see its details in a tree-like view.
- Ethereal contains code to parse hundreds of protocol...