First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
After LinuxBIOS Boots: Troubleshooting etc.
If you see a penguin instead of the normal BIOS logo ג your prayers have been heardג¦
No HD, keyboard, ethernet, root FS? Not to worry ג can be sorted out. The main thing is to have the kernel running.
No penguin? You have not said the right prayers:
- Connect a null modem RS-232 cable to the first serial port on target
- Connect the cable to the development machine and start a 115200 baud, 8 bit, no parity serial terminal emulator
- Reboot and debug
Create a root FS on the DoC
- Enable a few more MTD options (to format, write the fs) in kernel, rebuild, and reboot
- Create a partition (~7MB) in the DoC, and format the fs
- Change the device that LinuxBIOS expects to find the root fs on
- What to put into the root fs? See Tomגs Root Boot or another tiny distribution.