Mirroring With The DRBD Driver
Originally written by
- The DRBD driver supports synchronous mirroring of data between two
- You load the driver on two machines, and define remote mirrors
for "local" disks ("local" can also be on a SAN or a NAS).
- When the local machine gets an I/O write request, it will perform it
locally, and also send a copy to the remote machine (via the LAN).
- Only when the I/O request completed on both local and remote devices,
the result will be returned to the calling application (or file-system).
- DRBD is useful under the control of a high-availability cluster software,
such as heartbeat.