Ecila meets the red queen and (page-cachely) runs nowhere
Originally written by
- Ecila first tries to satisfy her needs (=data) from the page-cache.
- If she can't - she'll go forward to the disk.
- eventually when she comes back - she'll not be flushed - if she can...
- Like the red queen - Ecila needs to run as fast as she can (i.e. have new
reads) just in order to stay at the same place (in the page-cache).
- Memory pressure could eventually cause Ecila's data to be flushed from
the cache - if we're low on RAM, every cached item is a candidate for a