The "anticipatory" elevator - "If you build it - they will come"
Originally written by
- Anticipates that after some I/O - its friends will come.
- In that respect - it is similar to the deadline scheduler.
- However, it also avoids sending other I/O requests (from different
"streams") for a certain amount of time.
- In that sense, it does not push too many I/O requests simultaneously
to the disk, except when there is a long stream of I/Os.
- Which means it could be better for throughput, but worse for latency.