Installing The New Kernel
Originally written by
- Installing the kernel is split into two parts:
- First, installing the kernel itself.
- Then, installing the kernel modules.
- Before we install the kernel, we want to make sure we do not overrun
our current kernel, or a previously existing kernel.
- So we will install the kernel itself manually.
- Avoiding overrunning the kernel modules is more difficult, since the
location of the modules is hard-coded into the kernel (its version
number) and the module loading tools.