Notes On External Device Drivers Compilation
Originally written by
- You need to have your kernel source tree configured properly, matching
your running kernel.
- You don't have to actually compile the kernel source tree in this case.
- Sometimes the driver has a script that will compile the driver for you,
hiding the actual compilation process.
- If it thinks your kernel sources are under /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build,
this is ok - this should be a symbolic link pointing to the right
location of the sources....
- ... But it does not hurt to make sure.
- Otherwise, read the driver's installation instructions, and follow