[Haifux] [HAIFUX Lecture] IPv6 in the Linux Kernel (Advanced Linux Kernel Networking) by Rami Rosen

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:08:58 MSD 2008

Next Monday, 7th of April, at 18:30 the Haifa Linux Club, will gather
to enjoy Rami Ronen's presenation about

        IPv6 in the Linux Kernel (Advanced Linux Kernel Networking)

Abstract

This lecture is a sequel to the Linux Kernel Networking lecture and
Advanced Linux Kernel Networking - Neighboring Subsystem; IPSec.

This lecture will mostly deal with IPV6 implementation in the linux
kernel. We will also discuss some IPV6 user space tools, and also draw
a comparison between IPV6 and IPV4.

Among the topics we will deal with are:

    * IPV6
    * General background and history
    * ICMPV6
    * Router Advertisements and Router Solicitations
          o Radvd daemon
    * Autoconfiguration
          o DHCPV6
          o MLDv1 and MLDv2
          o IPV6 header
          o SOKCET API

Note: If time permits, we will also talk shortly about Network
Namespaces and Bridging Subsystem.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future Lectures:

None. You see, our queue is empty. Now I don't want to sound like the
Polish mother who can sit in the dark while you go outside in a cold
night without sweater and not calling her once you arrive ("Sheko'o
Ye'hie li Tov"), so I won't say a word. I will just sit here quite,
and look at the mailbox, hoping that someone, maybe YOU, will send an
email to webmaster at haifux.org proposing an interesting presentation. I
mean, I already have my diploma, and the bell is for me and for you.
And of course, "Don't drink marijuana there, you hear me?!?".

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish
to give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux
might be interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Orr Dunkelman,
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com

"Any human thing supposed to be complete, must for that reason infallibly
be faulty" -- Herman Melville, Moby Dick.

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3 2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)