[Haifux] Idea for lecture: connecting to HOT / 012 without a router

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 02:54:10 MSD 2008

2008/6/18 Tzafrir Rehan <tzafrir.r at gmail.com>:
> That's ISP territory, they should know what you're talking about.
>
> Use MPLS and חיבור ישיר ללא חייגן.

Thanks, I will give that a try next week, after my two tests.

As for bezeqint and zahav, I suppose that I will need pptp. I remember
playing around with that some years ago (2001) connecting to Actcom
via Bezeq (NOT Bezeq beinleumi, before that) on an ADSL line. It was
painful to the point of requiring morphium, and not something that I
would subject a possible Windows convert to. Is the pptp situation
today as bad as I remember it? Is there a gui for it yet? Assuming
Ubuntu (debian-based) distro, what package should I have handy on my
USB keychain to install on the new machine?

Thanks!

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il