[Haifux] [HELP HELP] Uses of Linux in the "real world"

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Sat Oct 31 01:51:37 MSK 2009

tivo (the first wide-spread digital video recording appliance) is a
linux-based machine.

linksys wireless routers are linux-based machines.

google's android operating system is actually based on linux.

many (most?) cable modems and adsl modems run linux as their base
operating system.

in fact, a lot of embedded products developed in israel (And of-course
abroad) are based on linux.

google's search appliances and data-centers all run linux - so when you
search via google, you're using linux
(http://www.google.com/support/gsa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=15898)

--guy