Linux Hotplug And Fiber-Channel
Originally written by
- The Fiber-Channel protocol allows an HBA to be notified when a new LUN
is seen on the SAN.
- The Fiber-Channel HBA reports LUN events to the SCSI mid-layer as soon as
it sees them - hence, plug&play.
- It also notifies the SCSI mid-layer when LUNs are deleted.
- On drawback - if a RAID gets disconnected from the Fiber-Channel network,
even for a few seconds, a similar event propagates and the device is
immediately removed from the system.
- As a result - such events will cause I/O errors on the device.