SAN - The (not so) Little Network That Could...
Originally written by
- A SAN is a creature combining 2 hot buzzwords (Storage, Networks) using
a pointless word (Area).
- A SAN is a way to acknowledge that "it is no wonder the IT managers go
nuts - the disk space keeps filling!"
- In short - a SAN puts the hosts in one place, the disks in another place,
and lets everyone fight over a network.
- Linux is quite in infant with regards to its SAN support - here is one
area where its older brothers and sisters fare better...
- ...But with recent kernels, this is changing.