Originally written by
- Before we start working with LVM2, we need to choose some physical volumes
on which we will work.
- We take these physical volumes, and place them in volume groups.
- This operation will cause LVM2 to assign a unique UUID for each
- After this, we can start creating logical volumes.
- Then we use those logical volumes like normal disks - we can create a
file system and mount it, we can use them as raw devices...
- We may add more physical volumes to existing volume groups, in order
to add more capacity.
- We may increase the size of the logical volumes, if they become too full.
If there is a file system on such a logical volume, we will need to resize
it as well.