Originally written by
- There are two types of monitoring in a cluster - service monitoring
and node monitoring.
- The active node constantly monitors the availability of the service
and its resources.
- If the service becomes non-responsive, the active node will initiate
a fail-over of the service to the passive node.
- If one of the resources required by the service (e.g. the disks) become
in-accessible, the active node will initiate such a fail-over, too.
- The passive node monitors the status of the active node.
- If the passive node sees that the active node is down, it will initiate
a fail-over of the service (i.e. try to take over the service).