Increasing The "Uptime" Of Services
Originally written by
- Most of us are proud of the 'uptime' of our machines.
- Fewer of us are proud of the 'uptime' of the services our machines supply.
- Users of our services don't care for the machine's uptime - only for that
of the services it runs.
- If we will use several machines to run the same service, we could achieve
a better "service uptime".
- High-Availability (HA) cluster software is used to help us manage a set of
services on a set of machines, and make sure that the service out-lives
the non-availability of any one of these machines.
- Note: sometimes we could also increase the performance, but we will
concentrate on High-Availability today.