High-Availability Vocabulary (part I)
Originally written by
- High-Availability Cluster - A group of computers, whose purpose is to
increase the up-time of services, by making sure that a failed machine
is automatically and quickly replaced by a different machine, with little
- Cluster service - A computer service that is managed by the cluster
software. The cluster service includes all resources required to deliver
the service - the data (e.g. file systems), virtual IP addresses,
- Cluster Group - a group of servers that run the cluster software, and
together handle a set of services.
- Cluster node - A server that is a member of a cluster group.
- High-Availability Cluster Software - an application that manages a