Originally written by
- Active-Active clusters have an added feature on top of active-passive
clusters - load balancing.
- Load balancing may be done at the DNS level. This is useful for TCP-based
applications, where connections are (normally) long-lived.
- It may be done at the router level, in case of a completely stateless
- It may be done at the application level, in case the computations take
much longer than the network communications.
- Of-course, in case one of the nodes crashes, other nodes need to take
over the clients it serviced.