The HeartBeat (V2) Cluster
Originally written by
- An active-passive cluster software (open source), that is commonly used
on Linux systems.
- Supports I/O fencing using the STONITH mechanism.
- Simple to install - not tied to specific OS/kernel/whatever. Does not use
- Has built-in monitoring for various resources (starting with version 2),
but a glance at the built-in monitor scripts shows them to be.... naive
- Originally configured using text files - now there's also a GUI.
- Supports multiple nodes (>=16, formally) clusters.
- Works with any kind of block device.