- Linux is a multi-User system, allowing many Users to work on the same
machine at once.
- As such, we need mechanisms to separate between Users - so one User won't
stumble on the work of another User.
- And then we will need mechanisms which will allow Users to share their
- Users, Processes and Permissions are the way to handle that.
- Note: during this lecture, we will show examples on a live
system. The examples are NOT detailed in the slides.
Once again, remember what sets off "the hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy"
from "the encyclopedia Galactica": It has, written on its top, the
phrase: Don't Panic!
Originally written by