Verification Via The /proc Directory
Originally written by
- The /proc directory is a virtual directory, allowing direct interaction
with the running Linux Kernel.
- When we try to print one of its files, the Kernel generates its
contents on-the-fly. There are no real disk files under this directory.
- Some files interesting for Hardware diagnostics (view them with
- /proc/interrupts - a list of
interrupt numbers (IRQs) currently in use by different Drivers.
- /proc/ioports - a list of
I/O addresses currently in use by Drivers.
- /proc/pci - info about PCI Devices.
- /proc/cpuinfo - info about our CPU.