Configuring The Kernel
Originally written by
- Before we compile the kernel, we need to configure it.
- This includes telling it which drivers and features to compile ...
- ... and how to compile them (as modules or inside the kernel's main file).
- Several configuration programs are supported by the kernel, to be launched
using one of the following commands:
- make config
- A simple text-mode program, that asks a zillion questions
one after the other. Not recommended.
- make menuconfig
- A full-screen text-mode program. Use it if you don't have
X windows running, or if you're connected from a remote
- make xconfig
- A Graphical program. Use this one when you can.
- There is yet another, which will be shown later...