Tips Regarding Configuring The Kernel
Originally written by
- Each item has a help section - read it.
- Each help text contains a suggestion of what to do if you're not sure.
Use these suggestions, indeed.
- The first time around, take a tour around the different options, without
- The configuration process generates a file called ".config" in the
top directory of the kernel sources. Keep a backup before making
- Don't configure a kernel when you don't have enough free time - it's
a long task (1-2 hours) the first time around.
- Do not despair - eventually, you'll configure kernels in 5 minutes ;)