The Development Environment
Originally written by
- Software was written in C++ - so it was compiled with g++.
- Makefiles were written to compile the project
- And CVS was used to manage versions
- Doxygen was used for automatic API documentation generation. We hardly
read the documentation (viewing the header files was more comfortable) -
but it forced us to write better documentation.
- As a new initiate of the "automatic testing" cult, I set up the system
very early for automatic builds every night, that included running
automatic unit and sub-system tests.
- In addition, learning from sourceforge, the CVS server was set to send
diffs after every check-in - and I made a habit of reading them every
day, and using the SCSI cable to flog the criminals...