Automatic System Tests
Originally written by
- When all you have is 4 developers and 0.5 testers - you need automatic
testing or else you die.
- Our initial focus was on web applications. Users work with Internet
explorer - so the tests had to be with Internet explorer, and hence run on
- Internet explorer exposes a COM interface - which can be activated from
- The tester (which was also the 0.5 programmer) wrote a script to
automatically surf required sites in a pattern we thought would represent
a "real user".
- Several weeks of work, and he could run 3-4 explorers on a windows machine
(any more and the machine would crash).
- There was something about connecting to a windows telnet server in this
process - but I forget why ;)