The Grocery List
And so I wrote (with the assistance of the boss):
(i might have missed a few minor items...)
Originally written by
- One communications library, to handle everything to do with bits and
- One threading library, One multi-process library.
- One database server and a matching database client library.
- One LDAP-aware library (to access the active directory server).
- A configuration-files library (to store configuration data locally,
so the appliance could start even if the active directory server
- A DNS server whose source we could easily tweak (to allow exposing
the proxied services under the original server names).
- A process-manager (to manage process launching, etc).
- A standard general-purpose compression library (to add on top of our