Processes And Files
Originally written by
- A Process, as we saw before, can open a File.
- The Process may open the File for reading, writing or both.
- When a Process is done working with a File, it usually closes the
- When a Process terminates, the operating system makes sure all Files
it held open, are closed.
- When a File is held open by a Process, and we delete the File, the File
is only removed from the Directory, but is NOT yet deleted from
the disk. Only when the Process closes the File, will the File
be actually deleted from disk.