Standard Kernel Drivers
Originally written by
- Many Drivers come as part of the distribution's Kernel. Use Them.
- These Drivers are stored, as we saw, in the /lib/modules/ directory.
- Sometimes, the Module file name will imply about the type of Hardware
- Often, a search on Google would give the Module's name, assuming we
looked for the chip-set, not for the marketing name of the
- Finally, looking on the web page of the company that manufactures the
product, or the chip-set, might come up with a Driver. If we're lucky,
this Driver is already part of our Kernel, and we don't need to download