What If Our Driver Is Not Compiled?
Originally written by
- Some Drivers might come as part of our Kernel's sources, but still not
be compiled in the distribution's default Kernel.
- We can see this by looking for the Driver in the Kernel source tree...
- ... Or by reading about its existence on the web, or in the Kernel source
- To compile this Driver, we will need to perform a full Kernel compilation
and then compile the Driver.
- Usually, the second time around, we will not need to re-compile the
entire Kernel - just the 2nd Driver.